Thursday, February 19, 2015

Udi's Gluten Free Chicken Burrito Review

Ok, it's been a few days since I've posted. This polar vortex weather is getting to me. Today it is 11 degrees below zero with the windchill factor!

Wanted something warm for lunch so I popped an Udi's chicken burrito in the microwave.  I like Udi's products but this will be my first burrito.





Pros:

  1. It cooks quickly in the microwave 1:45 seconds
  2. I thought it was filling, satisfied my appetite
  3. Price friendly
Now for the cons:
  1. Not sure why they call it a Chicken burrito, I only found one tiny piece of chicken in the whole thing! Should be called Rice and Bean Burrito!
  2. Flavor was a little bland, I added shredded cheese and quite a bit of salt to jazz it up. Would have tried some salsa with it but I didn't have any.
  3. On the doughy side, a little sticky but the tortilla shell didn't taste bad.
I eat many of Udi's products and will review some of my favorites on another post. But Udi's really disappointed me with this one. Did I hate it? No, Did I love it? No. Will I eat it again? Probably if I'm in a hurry and there is nothing else in the house to cook quickly.

If you like meat this burrito is not for you, but you can spice it up like I did with other seasonings.

Well, that's my review for the day. Now I think I hear a cup of hot cocoa calling me :)

Stay warm everyone!
Val




1 comment:

  1. I found it to be smaller than others GA options and more expensive. It had a really odd taste and other than that flavorless. What a disappointment! !! Will never purchase again nor would I recommend it for anyone else to buy.

    ReplyDelete