Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Blake's Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie Review

I recently stopped by our local health store to check out their gluten free items. Browsing through the frozen section I nearly missed seeing this Chicken pot pie. It was a brand I have never heard of or tried before and it was a bit pricey but hey, I haven't had a pot pie in years!





Blake's Chicken Pot Pie is made with organic vegetables and a sweet corn bread crust.  The chicken is all white meat and raised without antibiotics. Reading the directions I decided to go with the express cooking: Cooking in the microwave 3 minutes then transferring to the oven for 30-35 mins.

It's a good thing they recommend placing it on a cookie sheet because it does bubble over some.

Hoping it cools quickly because it is too hot to eat!!





Ok, here's the verdict...

It was loaded with plenty of tender white chicken. The vegetables carrots, peas and potatoes were plentiful and appetizing. I wasn't crazy over the crust but the rest of the ingredients made it more than acceptable. Only 310 calories fits my diet plan quite well.

A bit on the costly side but it was worth every bite!! I will be making room in my freezer for more of these...

Do yourself a favor and give it a try!

Stay Healthy!
Val





No comments:

Post a Comment