Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Gluten Free Chicken Enchilada with Red Sauce Recipe

I can't tell everyone enough how much I miss Mexican food! Enchiladas were my favorite and now I that I have found a tasty gluten free flour tortilla shell I can make my own.

Ingredients:
2 cups shredded cooked chicken (purchased a broasted chicken from the store)
Mission gluten free tortillas
Small can diced green chiles
19 oz can of Old Elpaso Red Enchilada Sauce
1/2 package of cream cheese
1-2 cups of shredded cheese (your favorite)



Preheat oven to 350. In a large deep skillet, mix shredded chicken with 1/2 cup of red sauce. Stir in half of a package cream cheese and the can of green chiles. Remove from heat once the cream cheese has melted and everything is blended and heated through.



Heat tortilla shells (this recipe made 5) in microwave until warm. Spread a small amount of red sauce on each shell then add meat mixture in a straight line in the center of each one. Sprinkle each with shredded cheese before rolling up.

Place rolled tortillas in a greased casserole dish and pour remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle more cheese to your taste. Place in oven for 25-30 mins.





I really enjoyed these! My granddaughter topped hers with taco sauce. I chose sour cream. My husband even ate one so I guess they passed the taste test...

No comments:

Post a Comment